Bridges Trading Co ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
This policy will explain areas of this website that may affect your privacy and personal details, how we process, collect, manage and store those details and how your rights under the GDPR & DPA are adhered to.
Your Personal Data
When an order has been placed we capture/hold the following personal data:
- Contact name
- Company Name (if added) and type of business
- Billing and Delivery Address (if different to billing)
- Contact Phone Number (either landline or mobile)
- Contact Email Address
We retain historical information on the orders you have placed with us, what products you have bought, the prices paid, and the address delivered to, this can be anonymised at any point or deleted from our CMS.
We hold information that you may provide in email correspondence, and in customer service and product reviews, and when you communicate with us via social media
We may hold data on how you respond to our email marketing campaigns, such as whether our email has been opened, and what links you may have followed in that communication
Payment transactional data is held, through payment services including: SagePay and PayPal.
Please note: we only hold the transactional details to enable us to check validity of payments made and to allow access for refunds.
How we use your personal data
- To help us process your order so that we provide the best service possible when delivering your order
- To assist you on any queries
- Take payment from you or to process a refund
- Conduct market research and analysis
- Retain detailed info in accordance with legal regulations for accounting purposes
- If agreed-to, we may periodically send you promotional emails
- Better the consumers’ experience
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
Sharing of Data
Some personal Data is shared with non-marketing Third party companies we use on a day-to-day basis, that is necessary to help process orders and provide customer based services.
DPD – Our chosen delivery partner DPD requires your delivery address, and contact details to arrange delivery of your goods and to notify you of progress.
Sagepay – Our payment merchant centre Sagepay is used to process card details through its own encrypted secure website, we do not have access to card details used. Data is stored against any transaction made through Sagepay, this allows us to check the validity of the transaction and make refunds against the transaction. Card details are not stored.
PayPal – Used to process online payments. Data is stored in PayPal’s own website against any transaction made with this service, this allows us to check the validity of the transaction and to make refunds against the transaction. Any data you share is held within PayPal’s own encrypted website and is contracted under their own personal terms.
Trustpilot – A website-based review company that we use to acquire reviews made by consumers. This requires your email address and online invoice number to allow you to post a review.
GDPR Compliance Details
Any information that we collect will be dealt with strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and is for the purpose of the administration of the sale and/or marketing of goods supplied by Bridges Trading Co Ltd.
Lawful Basis for Processing
- Consent – The individual has given Bridges Trading Co Ltd clear consent to process their personal data
- Contract – The processing is necessary for a contract that Bridges Trading Co Ltd has with the individual, or because they have asked Bridges Trading Co Ltd to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Protection – it is Bridges Trading Co Ltd’s legal obligation to protect the individual’s data.
- Legal Obligation – The processing is necessary for Bridges Trading Co Ltd to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Controlling Your Personal Data
As the consumer, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right amend, alter or delete any personal information provided to us at any time. To do so simply contact us via email [email protected].
If you would like a copy of the data we hold about you, please write to; Bridges Trading Co Ltd, 6 Elms Road, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 1LJ, in which you can advise us on whether you would like a copy of the data posted or email to you.
Please note: We do not share, sell or lease any personal data with Third Party Marketing Companies, unless legally bound to by Law.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files saved to the user's computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browser's security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
These Cookies are essential for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.
These are usually to do with keeping track of information between page views like privacy preferences, logging in or tracking a shopping basket.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These Cookies DO NOT store any personally identifiable information
The essential Cookies we set are:
- PHPSESSID - A unique reference to your browser session on our website. This allows us to keep track items such as your basket activity and whether you are logged in. This Cookie will expire after the browser has been closed.
- hideVAT - This Cookie tracks your preferences if you want to show prices inc or ex VAT. This Cookie is active between your browser sessions.
- plii - This Cookie ensures you are kept logged in to the website during your session.
- nfPP-* - These Cookies store your preferences regarding Cookie preferences, like if you have accepted the notice and if you have optionally disabled non-essential Cookies. These are active between browser sessions.
- industry - This Cookie stores the industry you have said you are in, so you don't have to re-enter it on future visits. This Cookie is active between your browser sessions.
These Cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to identify which pages are most and least popular and see how visitors navigate around the site. Some information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow for the use of these cookies, then we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance and make improvements.
The non-essential Cookies we set are:
- Google Adwords Conversion - We use conversion tracking to help us understand how effective our digital campaigns are.
- Google Analytics - We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. For example, we collect details of the site where the visitor has come from (Google Search bar) and the total number of times a visitor has been to our website.
- Google Dynamic Re-marketing - We use these tracking tools to track user behaviour over time and access third party sites to improve the effectiveness of our online advertising. We collect information about what ads users view and whether they click on the ads. We use this information to improve and customise our advertising.
- Google Tag Manager - We use Google Tag Manager to track user behaviour, traffic analysis and marketing optimisation.
- Hotjar - We use Hotjar to help collect information about how visitors use our website and analyse user behaviour across our site.
- Pinterest - Pinterest is a social bookmarking site where users can upload, save, sort and manage collections of images. We use the Pinterest Cookies to enable social sharing buttons on our sites, as well as to track social media and other Web browsing behaviour to target ads and promotions to your specific interests. For information about how to opt-out of Pinterest Cookies, you can go here
This website uses tracking software, mainly through google analytics, to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Email Mailing list and Marketing Messages
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about special offers, products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through an online automated process https://www.nowlighting.co.uk/subscribe where the individual has given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in 'The policy' above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages (or unsubscribe from all Mailchimp lists). The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
On and from the 25th May, when using our website, the individual has given express permission to the use of their personal information.